Sunday, July 27, 2014

My first post and 52 days remain... :)

     As each day goes by, I become more and more excited to serve! I have a pile of mission clothes, shoes, journals, and paraphernalia in the corner of my room that keeps growing daily. IT'S SO EXCITING!! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!! Tonight for family night I practiced teaching the first discussion, "The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." My family acted as catholic investigators, and I think it went pretty well. I stumbled here and there but I did a good job at connecting each section and keeping everything simple and to the point. I emphasized the importance of Christ's atonement during the lesson, because that is the all-encompassing event of history. I am by no means perfect, and I can't wait to learn and change on my mission!

     Here is a quote for the day: "The only measure of true greatness is how close a man can become like Jesus. That man is greatest who is most like Christ, and those who love Him most will be most like Him." - Ezra Taft Benson

     I will close my first post on my mission blog by sharing my testimony. I know that God lives and that He loves each and every person on this planet in the past, present, and future with an infinite love that we cannot comprehend. I know that He has a beloved Son, Jesus Christ, who came to this earth and carried out the Atonement. I know that Christ knew (and knows) my name while He was suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane. In fact, I know that He knew (and still does know) what I would go through, and exactly how I would feel while passing through the sorrows and trials of this life. He knows my heart, my soul, and my mind. He knows me. And so does God. And they both know you, too.

     We are God's children on the earth, and He will never abandon us. I know that God has restored Christ's original church on the earth today, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints through Joseph Smith. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ in that grove of trees in 1820, and that they instructed him to join none of the churches of that day. I know that Joseph Smith was called by God to be the first prophet of this dispensation of time. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ comparable to the Bible. I know that Christ did appear to the Nephite people on the American Continent, and that that event is recorded in the Book of Mormon. It is the crowning event of the book. I know that Christ will come again to rule and reign forever. I readily await His second coming.
    
     I know that we have a prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson, with the proper priesthood authority and keys given by God. I know that the priesthood is God's power on the earth today. I know that we can pray to Heavenly Father whenever we need to, and that He hears and answers our prayers. I have faith in my Savior's Atoning Sacrifice for me, and that there is nothing that the Savior's Atonement won't cover if you sincerely repent and have that desire to change. I know that I can live with my family forever because of the ordinances performed in the temple. I know that LDS temples are Houses of God on the Earth today, and that God and Jesus Christ walk the halls of their holy houses. I will praise my God and King forever, and I give my life- a consecrated life unto them. I thank God for the very breath of life which He gives me and to have the opportunity to live on this earth today and at this time. And I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

     If you would like to know more about the LDS Church and what we believe in, visit https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng. Or, comment on my blog or message me on Facebook. I would love to share with you more of what I believe in.

VIVA MEXICO!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment