Monday, February 16, 2015

Jesucrist Vive!

Hola familia!! 

So we taught the plan of salvation to Deborah and Mauricio (the young couple I told you about last time) and they understood it really well. We went with the bishop and his wife becaue they are young too. I was so happy to see that they are now good friends now. IT's so great! Deborah is still trying to grasp the fact that we were spirits before this life but we are going to clear that all up today

I had a very interesting experience on friday. We went to teach Jose, the brother we baptized last week, and instead we found his mom home. So we were able to teach her a little bit. (Also one thing you should know is that Jose's older brother, Victor, was also baptized about 3 or 4 years ago). So anyway, we found out that their mother is very loyal to the catholic faith, and she has been her entire life, along with her parents and family. She expressed to us how she had come to know God and some of her spiritual experiences as well. She opened up to us a lot. She told us that when her sons were baptized into our church, they didn't want to say the catholic prayer anymore. Well suddenly the spirit filled my soul and heart, and I felt o sad for her. Just imagine if you were catholic, and both of your sons were baptized into another religion. It was a selfless act of her just to let the missionaries into her house! So I told her that I don't know how she feels but that I imagine that it's extremely difficult to have two of your sons convert to another religion when you love another religion with all your heart. Then the spirit told me to say that I know that the love of a mother for her children is so strong because I have seen it in my life with my mother. And by this point I was weeping and I could barely get out what I wanted to say. I told her that I have 3 siblings and that I know that my mother loves us so much. After this moment that I shared with her, I had the guts (and the spirit) to ask her if she wanted to listen to oour message so that she could know for herself why her sons converted. 

I don't know if it's her fear of discovering the message is true and having to change her life, or her pride, but something is holding her back. She told us no. Nevertheless, I know that one day she will accept the message and be united with her sons in the faith and for eternity. 

Also, this week we found a 19 year old girl named Tania. WE found out that she has attended church before and she loves it a lot. It was a beautiful lesson. She doesn't know where her parents are, and she lives with her 2 other siblings in a tiny upstairs apartment. She has a sort of psychological problem and she needs help. She needs Jesus Christ. And don't we all? 

So we read to her the story of Alma the younger and invited her to baptism. We gave her the baptismal interview questions but he said she hasn't repented of all her past transgressions. We invited her to repent, but she said no and that it would be too hard. And so I told her that Alma the younger, during this awful moment, remembered something that his father had said of Jesus Christ coming to redeem the world. And he grasped on to this one speck of hope. When I said those words, I still remember her facial expression. Her eyebrows raised in awe and curiosity. What a privelege I have to be able to tell others about Jesus Christ. And that through him, she can be healed. And although she didn't accept our invitation to repent, she definitely has the same hope to think about, that she, like Alma the Younger has a Savior who came to redeem her. What a joy we have as missionaries. I can't wait to see the miracle of forgiveness work in her life. I will keep you updated on her. 

Jesucrist vive! (Jesus Christ lives!)

I love you familia,

Hermana Cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment