Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lots of changes, lots of love!

Hola Familia!!



So for the last week of this transfer, President asked me to work with
an Hermana Garcia in an area called Juarez (it's in the city of
Tuxtla). Hermana Garcia's companion fell and broke a tendon in her
foot and has to get surgery, so she will be down for a while. So for
this week I will be working with Hermana Garcia. And actually, this is
the last week of her mission. President said he trusts me and so he
moves me where he needs me. I am not sure about transfers yet (which
are at the end of this week), but President said he is thinking of
putting me back in Villaflores. I would LOVE that. There is a lot of
work to do there, and most of all it is where my heart is.



I have loved the time I have spent in Teran with Hermana Julianna. I
enjoyed myself and I learned a lot being an hermana capacitadora
(sister training leader). I was able to go on 2 exchanges with 2
different hermana's in 2 different areas (Jobo and Real de Bosque). I
helped them as best I could with their investigators, problems with
their companions, and other such matters. I learned that loving more
people just makes your heart bigger. Also that sometimes you can't
solve every problem of every person. But you can love, listen, and
serve them. With the time I spent in Teran, we were able to excite the
mission leader and "reactivate" him to work. I got to know the bishop
of the ward really well (and his wife and son). I became really good
friends with them. Also he is the doctor of the mission and has helped
me a lot with my foot, because Teran is where he lives and his house
is close to ours. Also we had 2 baptisms, and on Sunday, Jose blessed
the sacrament!! It is an amazing thing to have your convert become so
active in the church. He did an excellent job and I felt the spirit
very strong. I feel sad leaving behind Tania, Deborah, and Mauricio,
but I know they are in good hands with Hermana Juliana and Hermana
Coronado.



So I got a little sick this past week (vomiting and the mix), I think
it was something I ate. I also think I was a little dehydrated because
it has become super super hot down here. But I am feeling better today
and today is my first day in Juarez. I am excited to work with Hermana
Garcia here in Juarez for 1 week. And then.... hopefully I can return
to Villaflores. I found out that my convert Octavio is having a little
bit of a hard time, and that he is listening to other missionaries who
are from the church Jehovah Witness. So I want to help him out and
talk with him a little.

I was able to see Hermana Allende this past week and she thanked me
for helping her get out of her depression. Sometimes the hardest
companions turn out to be your best companions. Also, we had a
missionary activity and went to the zoo and watched meet the mormons.
It was super fun and I will send pics. Also I will
send pics of my exchanges as a STL.



Love,

Hermana Cook

I also wanted to tell you really quick....We contacted a girl the other day sitting on the steps at a park.  She looked so sad and like she had been crying.  The spirit told me to give her a hug.  And so I did.  I told her that she has a Father in Heaven who loves her.  And she just cried.  Sometimes people just need a hug.  Also the other day when I was in Jobo, I met a little boy named Benjamin, and we got along really well.  When I came home that night, he had made a tres leche cake for me and my companion!  It was the sweetest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment