Thursday, February 5, 2015

Slow Motion

Hola Familia!! 
 



Talmage I can't believe you are learning to ride a unicylce!! Because it is one of the most popular things here in Mexico!! So here in the city of Tuxtla, if you are driving your car and you get stopped by a stop light, immediately all these people start running out into the rows of the cars, begging for pesos, food, and saling things, car to car. Also, these guys start getting up on these really tall unicycles, and JUGGLING MACHETES AT THE SAME TIME!!! AND FIRE!! It's crazy. Talmage please don't get any ideas..... They put on a show to make money. Also a fun fact, here in the city of Tuxtla at noon every day, the hauntingly beautiful tune of Ave Maria plays from the clock tower. That will give you an idea that this city is definitely dominated by catholocism. Also there's a cross on the mountain overlooking the city. 



I was able to see one of my converts, Mirna, at a stake young women activity. She looked so happy with her group of friends from the branch in Villaflores. I was sooo happy to see others fellowshipping her, because the missionaries can't do it all alone. 



So this Hermana showed up to the mission home. And she just happened to be a physical therapist. And she just happened to be my angel. She got me out walking again. She helped me walk correctly. She gave me exercises to help strengthen my knees and feet. And then she left back to her area. But she came because her companion happened to be sick, and so during that time she helped me with my recuperation. I know she came because mom has been fasting for me. I love you mom.



I SAW MEET THE MORMONS!! Wow I loved it! I cried in the part where Bishnu (in Katmandu) greets his father by falling down and touching his head to his feet. I thought that was just so beautiful and respectful. If found it intersting to think that I want to do that same thing when I meet my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. We all need to respect our parents in the same way. I love you daddy and mommy. Thank you for being married in the temple, and being together, and not having problems with alcohol, drugs, inactivity in the church, and other very very sad things that you have avoided. Thank you. 



So I am returning back to work today, in an area called Teran. It is here in the city of Tuxtla. I am going to work as a sister training leader with Hermana Juliana. Hermana Coronado, the companion of Sister Juliana just had knee surgery and now she needs to rest in the mission home. So I am going with Hermana Juliana in the time that Hermana Coronada will be recuperating. After that I don't know what I will do, president hasn't decided yet. Well anyway, I wanted to tell you an experience that I had. Hermana Juliana and I were waiting in this little tiny hospital room for Hermana Coronado's surgery to finish. I was trying to study my scriptures but I dark feeling started to set into me. I felt lonely. I felt sad that I had not been able to work in the past 3 weeks. I felt a little mad that I had to fall. I couldn't understand why Heavenly Father would let it happen to me when I was sent here to be a missionary and to work. Well Hermana Juliana and I decided to leave the sad dark room and go contacting. Well I had the most sweet and glorious moment. We were walking up a hill. I looked behind me from where we had walked from at the bottom of the hill. And as I turned my head around to face forward again, everyone and everything around me seemed to slow down, until everything was moving in slo-motion. Even Hermana Juliana seemed to be walking so slowly. I saw the palm trees against the pink and orange sky. I felt a perfect peace enter my soul. I heard music in my head that seemed to orchestrate this moment. And then, these words came into my mind, "Soy representante de Jesucristo." (translation: I am a representative of Jesus Christ.) The words seemed to echo in my mind when all at once the slo-motion stopped and we had made it to the top of the hill. We were walking in real time again. And I was amazed. And dazzled. I kept walking and then contacted another lady. The very first thing I said to her was, "Soy representante de Jesucristo." And she just looked at me. And although no one excpeted our message as we contacted that day, I was sooo happy, because I knew that I was standing tall with Jesus Christ. And God loves me. 



Well family, I love you so much. 



Love, 

Hermana Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment