Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sometimes we have to retrace our steps for those we love

Buenos Tardes Familia!!!!!!! 


HOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys so much, I just want you to know family that you are my strength when I feel lonely. I know you guys are praying for me and that you are rooting for me. Who can feel prideful seeing their little red-headed brother on a unicycle? NOBODY!! 



Well this week has brought even MORE trials. This week we returned to the hospital with Hermana Zamora because she got salmonilla... really bad. I don't know how in the world I didn't get it, because we eat all of the same stuff... my stomach is REALLY strong and God is really watching over me. 



We were in the hospital for 3 days... my companion and I... in the same room. I went crazy!! It's really hard going from working your hardest to staring at the wall in front of you. It was a trial really hard for the two of us, and to tell you the truth, I lost a little bit of my excitement but as soon as I started to work again I got it back. They hooked my companion up to an IV for like 48 hours (6 bags of medicine) and it's tough. 



But the doctor's daughter, Mariana, loves it when we visit because she pulls out the violins... ha ha. We played violin almost the whole day one of the days we were there, and that helped me a lot. But my poor companion having to listen... ha ha :) Mariana is still just learning and you know how that goes... cat stepping on a horse and vice versa.



What I haven't been telling you guys is that I have been having a few difficulties with my companion, Hermana Zamora. Since she arrived it has been very very difficult. She is the companion most difficult that I have had. But maybe for that reason I also love her a lot. I just serve her and talk with her and try to work things out. But sometimes it is hard to maintain my excitement when I am with her. I think it's because of all these sicknesses that she has had to pass through, and her life has not been easy. It's hard for her to keep a smile on, and naturally, harder for me. I feel sometimes I have to carry her... literally through the streets of Xochimilco.



One day, we were working and walking and we had forgotten something in the house. We stopped by to pick it up, and when we shut the door to leave, she stayed in front of the door and did not move. We started to walk, Hermana Sara (the member who always comes with us) and I, but she stayed in front of the door. I told her let's go but she didn't move. This had never happened to me before, and I didn't know what to do. And so I walked back to where she was, grabbed her hands, told her I needed her, and pulled. But she didn't move. I tried again, pleading for forgiveness if there was something that I had done (really not knowing what it could be) and pulled again. She didn't move. I talked to her, just telling her what the spirit told me, and pulled for the last time. And she started to walk. 



Sometimes we have to retrace our steps for those we love. Sometimes we have left them behind but they need us to pull them just a little. Passing through difficult experiences unites people like nothing else. But the most powerful of all is the ability to ask for forgiveness- and forgive- 24/7 hours. This is the doctrine of Christ that we read over and over again in the scriptures. repent. progress. repeat. This is the key to really being happy and making others so as well. 



I know that God protects us with his angels, I know that the spirit will tell us what to do when know one else can. I know that Jesus Christ has descended below it all. If there is someone who knows how you feel, it is Him. 



I love you family,



Godspeed.



Hermana Cook 




No comments:

Post a Comment