Thursday, August 13, 2015

Light at the end of the tunnel!

OH and we went to the MEXICAN BEACH for a MISSIONARY ACTIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT ROCKED MY WORLD!! President gave us permission to wade in up to our knees, and i was LOVING it. But this ocean was CRAZY!! With those waves, one could go surfing! Every time a wave came all the hermana's screamed and we had the time of our life. IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING President and Hermana George were just enjoying their time all casual on higher ground. Well when they looked the other way, a big old wave came and SOAKED their shoes and pants... I laughed so hard.

We ate shrimp cocktails and i was in PARADISE!! The Elders starting to fight arm wars under the tiki huts and it was really really amusing. I loved it. They wanted me and another hermana to fight too but the other hermana wouldn't accept... ha ha. 

I will send you pics next week, my camera is in the temple in Tuxtla right now. A brother in the ward works in Tuxtla a lot and is going to stop by and bring my camera to me. I will send pics of the beach next week. IT WAS A RIOT!!!!!!!!!!! 


On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Sariah Cook <sariah.cook@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hola Familia!!

My companion is doing a lot better. I know that your prayers are reaching us. We were able to work this week!!!! My companion is walking.... 

Mom you are an angel for sending so many hot patches because my companion needs them and I have been applying them to her knee almost every night so that she can sleep. They don't sale anything like that here.

The truth is- my money from my Zion's account has been disappearing because I have been paying all of the medical expenses for my companion. She didn't have the money to pay them. Her dad doesn't support her in the mission and the only one who sometimes sends her money is her aunt. 


This week we recieved the miracle that we have been waiting for. Besides the fact that my companion is on her feet and healthy, we have FOUND AN INVESTIGATOR!!!!!! We found an hermano whose name is Allan. He is the boyfriend of a member.... He came to church last Sunday and yesterday with her... And when investigators come to church.... THEY ARE CHOSEN!!! We went to teach him the other day and HE ACCEPTED BAPTISM FOR THIS FRIDAY THE 15TH!!!!! We are just ECSTATIC!!!! It will be a baptism with the whole zone called "white night." Every pair of missionaries will be baptizing this Friday in the zone, and it will be held in the stake center. 

Before meeting his girlfriend who is a member, he had attended our church with one of his friends, and he had grown to like it a lot, but never baptized. He told us that he feels an excitement, and he feels so happy. He told us he wants to learn more. We left him with the book of mormon and we will be teaching him every day of this week to prepare him for baptism on Friday

His girlfriend has a baby. She had a baby with another hermano about 6 months ago but she has never seen the guy again. So... Allan showed up, wants to get his papers, claim the baby, get baptized, get married, and then get married in the TEMPLE with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allan is from Honduras. His mother died and his father- who knows where he is. So Allan came to Mexico for work and in the process met Cynthia (his girlfriend). Ayyy we are so happy.

We went to the temple- a temple trip over night Friday and we were in the temple all day Saturday. Oh how have I missed the temple! I recieved a lot of peace that I was looking for and I felt very close to my Savior. 

A little peace of Villaflores is living RIGHT HERE in Xochimilco! It turns out that one of the members that I had become close to in Villaflores named Citlali came to visit her mother-in-law who lives here. Her mother-in-.law is really sick, and Citlali came to care for her. They just put in a little machine thing in her stomach through which they give her food. Her name is Abigail and she is a member of the church, but her husband and one of her daughter's is not. We hope that this difficult experience will bring them to accept the gospel. And in the mean time sister citlali keeps me updated on how goes the branch in villaflores. She says it hasn't really changed since I left, and that the Hermana Cook who is there right now is struggling with Spanish a lot. But it was really a beautiful reunion to see someone that I love from Villaflores here. She has two little daughters as well who i love.

Last night we went to visit them and it started to strom really strong. We left their house to go look for a less active sister.... It was raining sooo hard and a lightning struck RIGHT by our side... I had another one of those slo-motion experiences...I saw the light- it was an electric blue. And I felt the energy in the ground. My companion was behind me when it struck and we started to run to the nearest member's house but they weren't home. We were pounding the door to let us in but they weren't home. We were looking for the nearest combi to get home fast (we were the only looney tunes in all the streets) when another lightning struck right above our heads. The thunder followed so quickly and so intensly that I couldn't even count one one thousand... two one thousand.... like dad always taught me. I really thought we were going to be struck. When we finally got in a combi and made it to the house I fell to my knees and cried and thanked God for sparing us from dying. 

God's power and wrath is real. He sends it to those who are iniquos, like he always has and like we always read in the book of mormon. I believe that when the people are living wickedly God sends his wrath by sending storms and diseases (chikuncungya) ja ja so that the people start repenting.... 

I keep learning TONS with my compaƱerita and mom's right.... things beyond just the mission. Things that will help me for the rest of my life. 

I love you family. Please pray for us and for our investigator that he can be baptized.

Love,

Hermana Cook 



No comments:

Post a Comment