Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Last of the Mohicans

and we felt an earthquake... pretty strong on Thursday. But we are all fine :9 


On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Sariah Cook <sariah.cook@myldsmail.net> wrote:
FELIZ NAVIDAD!! 

This week a few crazy things happened... ha ha my companion has bedbugs or flees, I am not sure WHAT they are and neither does the doctor. I gave her my cortizone cream and that has helped some what. We have sprayed the house and we are going to wash clothes and spray some more. This whole week they have been bighting my poor compa ALIVE. It's a miracle that they haven't jumped to my bed yet :) 

Javier has started going to another Christian church, where they teach everyone that you don't need a church you just need to turn your heart into God... We feel like he has been completely ripped out of our hands and he doesn't want anything. Well we told him that if he would have read the book of mormon and prayed he would have known. I think that he alone will start to realize, but not until after he has been involved in this christian church. 

Mari, Paty, nor Dulce came to church this week, we are giving it another week and I think it might be time to move on. 

We have found another BEAUTIFUL family that speaks Tzotzil and Spanish of 10!! The mom was a contact in the street and she led us to her house to present us to her kids. It was pretty neat. We all felt the spirit so strong in the lesson, and all those that could (8 years and older) accepted baptism. The mom cried the whole lesson and said she has lots of problems with her kids. We couldn't get to the bottom of it until we went last night and found the daughter, Rosi, home alone. We started to gain her confidence and she told us that she has quite a few addictions to drugs and alcohol. She is 17 and started at 16. Her brother, who is 18, is also struggling with the same. We offered to help her. She said she is not ready to accept God in her life because when she was younger she went to the catholic church and the pastor's wife called her a thief and blamed her for robbing 4,000 pesos (about 350 dollars). All her friends believed that she had done it, including her dad. (She also said that her dad beats her but that it's for her own good- to stop taking drugs.) She lost all the trust in the world. Afterwards, the pastor's wife found the money in her OWN purse. So Rosi hasn't been able to forget about that and says for that reason she doesn't want to return to ANY church. 

But we still have hope to help out the family, they are the family Ruiz, pray for them please :) 

We had an awesome activity the other night, I was able to play the violin in center street while the kids and families from the street took free pictures with Santa. We handed out free candy and balloons, and took down about 60 references (directions and names) and we had over 100 contacts. It was awesome! We were able to see the kids faces light up with wonder and hope and it just so neat to shine a luz in a world that is so dark. 

I had my violin with me that night, and we passed by a member who was playing all sorts of indian-type flutes in the main street with all sorts of cool sounds as entertainment. There was a few people gathered round listening. It was really beautiful music. We passed by and then my companion got really excited and convinced me to play a song with him. So we went back, I opened up my violin right there in the street and he asked me if I knew "last of the mohicans." I was like, THAT'S MY DAD'S FAVORITE SONG!! So we started to play. And then more and more and more people started to stop listen and everybody started to throw in a few pesos in the flute case.... it was AWESOME! My companion recorded it on my camera. It was a moment totally unplanned but I wish you guys could have been there... seriously it was really neat. 

I LOVE YOU FAMILY, FELIZ NAVIDAD AND WE WILL TALK THE 26TH!! :) 

Love,
Hermana cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment