Wednesday, March 2, 2016

"Yet will I not forget thee"

Hola Familia!! 












This week was full of OBSTACLES for Erik, but in the end, he was baptized!! He didn't really like the idea of fast offerings because he said that we can help others in more ways than with money. We explained to him about service and the priesthood, and in the end he calmed down ha ha. 




His wife left to Ecuador today, she gave a talk on baptism for the baptism and it was really neat. She said she had always been waiting for this day when her husband joined the church. After three long years it finally came, and she cried. My companion and I were so happy that Erik had finally made this choice, it was definitely time. The water was cold and when he came up out of it he laughed, ha ha. He forgot to plug his nose too...




Max was so happy as well. He shared his testimony after the baptism and said that he was so happy. He smiled when he came up out of the water. His uncle baptized him, our branch mission leader. 




Today we are going to visit the doctor in Tuxtla, my companion's knees are really hurting her now. We also scaled some ruins with the zone and Presidente George on Thursday. It was AWESOME. But now my companion's knees are really bad... You guys are going to LOVE the pictures. 




We have really been able to start working with our branch President. We have started working on a work of salvation plan for the branch that includes goals to re-activate, maintain, and invite others to the gospel. I am just beginning to see the load daddy has being the bishop and all... ha ha. 



We also have been visiting a less-active family whom I LOVE! The little girl is just adorable, and this last time while her poor mom was crying because they killed her husband about a year ago, she shared this scripture and it touched my heart:



  14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

1 Nephi 21:14-16 Mom always put this one on the wall






I LOVE YOU FAMILY and I really can't wait to see you!



Love,



Hermana Cook 
















 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment